
We worshipped with our Croatian family today. In addition to our group of 10, there were 3 families from Midland, TX and Jack Reese from ACU visiting today. There were almost as many Americans as Croatians! Worship was great. We did experience that horrible syndrome called "Lyric lapse". That's where they are singing a song you've sung your whole life but, for the life of you, you can't remember the words in English while they are singing it in another language. I ended up trying to sing their words, Patrick just hummed along. Todd Brown from Midland preached and Mladen translated.
The church is in a 4 story building that would normally be a home for a very wealthy family. It is beautiful, quaint, and very Mediterannean in style. After worship, the church treated us to lunch on their terrace. What a spread. These people can cook!!! We recognized almost everything and loved the chocolate-filled crepes.



After a nice nap to fight the jet lag, we headed back to the main city square to join the crowd watching the Croatia/ Austria soccer match on the giant screen. Here's a photo of some of our group in their "fan" clothes:


We found a great place to eat Croatian food again and had a great dinner. When we got back to the square, the game was over, Croatia had won and the crowd was crazy! There was a concert going on and it must have been some of their famous singers.

Tomorrow morning we meet with Mislav, the associate minister at the church, about strategies to find readers. I think we may be going into some of the schools to recruit. We are praying that God will let our work begin soon and are trusting Him with our time here.
By the way, one of the girls on our trip has a recent belly-button piercing that her parents didn't know about. Any guesses?
3 comments:
Guess what Jamie.....your sister isn't the only one reading your blog!! :) I'm so thankful you are all there safe and sound. I can't wait to find out if your luggage made it, I know you won't sleep well w/o Elvis! I am praying for everyone and their readers and the relationships that will be forming over the next few days. God is good...ALL the time!
Judy Ivy
Hey!
Didn't realize I'd recognize anybody but your family in these pics! Hi Catherine!
Could it be one of the Sweeney's sporting the new jewelry? Don't leave us hanging! And, has Elvis been sighted?
Praying for your safety, success and sanity!
Love, KK
Jamie, you know the conversations we've had about the piercing. I told you not to do it!
Post a Comment