
Eating lunch on a park bench.
Bok! Yes, I'm quite good at Croatian now. I can say hello and thank-you. This is the least of any language I have known before visiting a country. Most people here can speak enough English to tell you how much something costs or what a menu item is. And they are all so patient with us.
Train station and local park.
I'd like to show you some of this beautiful city. It has quite a history and we spent a full hour with Mladen the other day while he relayed it to us. I know that sounds boring but it wasn't at all! It is totally different to hear history from someone who lived through it, especially when he has an interesting accent and pleasant voice. We learned all about the country before and after it waws a part of Yugoslavia, the problems between the Serbs and Bosnians, etc. Fascinating stuff.
This is my favorite street. Very ancient and beautiful in a way that we never see in America!

58 flavors of gelato in this cool shop!Lots of influence from Italy here in the food.



2 different views of the national cathedral, the "most important church in the country".
Lots of stairs in the city center. These take you from lower town to upper town. These two parts of town had different names and used to be separated by a river and the "Blood Bridge".

Some of the kids have much better photos than mine but no way right now to download them on my computer. I hope to show you those later, after we get home. Emily has a spectacular one in black and white of the ancient street that I love.
I will catch you up on the work we've been doing tomorrow morning. Right now it's 9pm and as soon as Madeline and Callie feel beautiful enough, we may get to eat dinner!
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment