Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saying Goodbye



This is our last party. We traveled to a local municipal park, complete with a zoo and plenty of soccer room. We had 13 readers, some of whom brought parents and friends to meet us. There were also several church members there and they did a good job of connecting with the readers, the only reason we have LST parties. We had a blast with all of them! Laughed and played all afternoon. I was forced to play soccer because as my reader Patti says ¨when gringos play, everyone wants to play because it is so funny¨. Glad I could provide entertainment, Patti.
We spent the evening downtown. It is so beautiful there when the palace square is lit up at night! We had a nice meal and finished some shopping. Erin and I bought our last Arroz con leche from a street vendor. I am SO learning to make this when I get home! Our readers are joining us for worship tomorrow morning, then the church is having a ¨special surprise¨meeting. We pack in the afternoon then head for the airport about 8 pm. We have to go early due to the increased security from the terrorist activity in Great Britain. Please pray for travel mercies for us and favorable treatment along our way.
You won´t hear from me again till I´m stateside. So let me take this opportunity to say thanks for travelling with us and we hope you´ll choose LST travel next time you fly! Can´t wait to see you!

No comments: