We have a fan club. Yes, I can hear your snickers of unbelief from here. But, our neighbors along the walk from the house to the church building are getting used to us. They sometimes even respond with a half-smile now instead of just the blank stare. There is a school near the church and the students, so cute in their uniforms, have our schedule memorized. They know what time we walk to work, what time we leave and return from lunch. There are always about a dozen crowded around the 2nd story window as we go by. As soon as they see us, they start waving and shouting¨hello¨in English. They are so proud of themselves and excited when we smile, wave, and respond. They just dissolve into giggles and wiggles. Sometimes, they are on the sidewalk for a break when we arrive for work and they just surround us, the boys pushing each other in front of us and teasing. It´s a shame we have to travel to another continent to be popular!!
Erin has a bigger fan club than the rest of us. She gets a lot of males yelling and waving from their cars. I try to take credit for their attention but we all know who they are yelling at. She´s very humble about it though. She just credits it to her being ¨half of the white population in Lima¨. For those of you who are slow, I am the other half. Seriously, these people can´t stop staring at, commenting on, and discussing with their friends the color of our eyes. It´s a little disconcerting but I´m glad to have the attention on my eyes instead of the stupid things that come out of my mouth, like in the US: oh, just found the colon by accident. I think I´ll leave it there even though it´s not being used correctly!
Thank you Will Spoon for being my official blog picture poster. I can´t read the Spanish directions on the blog site so he´s doing it for me. Please consider this my disclaimer in case he really does something that would embarrass us all.
Remind me, tomorrow I will write about some reading sessions. We really are working hard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
aWELL...since you have given the disclaimer i guess i can let 'er rip!!! Look out Sweeney, it's a comin!
Can I just tell you how much fun I am having knowing that the Grammar and punctuation police (you) are locked in a prison unable to grammarize and punctuize! i know those aren't words, but hey they sound good.
i'm back! Glad to see your smiling faces even though you are so far away! i'm getting high on carpet glue smell right now !@#%^*( YUM! Thanks Will, for the pictures!
Erin, next year i'll send my flip flops with you so you can lose one and get my picture taken with hunko!
Love ya'll!
Hunko??
please, mom!
So the pajama retiever is a hunk?? Am I getting that correct from the comments. I want to see a picture of him!
I remember Will telling me he was uploading your pictures. He's also been telling me about your grammar grief. I'd be insane!! It's a good thing you are in a foreign country where you can let your hair down a bit or you might be locked up by now. Improper punctuation can cause severe mental disorders if not treated. Unless, of course, you're Will...doesn't seem to bother him a bit.
Post a Comment